We are a boutique law firm committed to providing individual, business and non-profit clients with quality legal services.
Our practice areas include elder law, estate planning, financial management, tax compliance, fiduciary law, business and non-profit law.
Quinn, Racusin & Gazzola Chartered, has provided local representation to clients in the Greater Washington area since 1982. We assist clients who are starting or building a business, or managing complex organizations both for profit and nonprofit. Within our elder law practice, we assist clients in implementing their personal care and financial plans. Our partners have attained an AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating available for legal ability and ethics. We understand our clients concerns and needs, and represent them competently and compassionately.
Trusted Lawyers in Washington, DC
Covid-19 Related Practices (updated 6/15/2021)
1. Visits to our office are still by appointment only. Please advise us before your appointment if you are exhibiting Covid-19 symptoms or have any other reason to believe that you might be at risk of spreading the virus.
2. Anyone not fully vaccinated is still required to wear a mask in the District of Columbia. Anyone entering our offices without a mask must confirm that they are vaccinated to ensure our compliance with this continuing mandate. We offer disposable masks to anyone who does not have one.
3. The areas of the building outside of our suite, including the elevators and the bathrooms, are outside of our control. Consequently, we advise mask use in these areas, even for vaccinated visitors.
4. Upon scheduling a meeting, we will confirm the number of people attending the meeting. Only clients should attend meetings, unless assistance is required to participate or attend (please try to keep groups at no more than two persons).
5. All visitors are required to sign our visitor log upon arrival.
6. We maintain the appropriate distance between clients and attorneys/staff to the maximum extent feasible in our office.
7. We do not schedule back-to-back appointments without some time in between to prevent unnecessary contact between visitors.